JRL #5562 Contents:
1. Versty: WHERE IS RUSSIA HEADING? (poll)
2. Interfax: Last Soviet leader full of praise for Putin. (Gorbachev)
3. UPI: Richard Sale, Russian aid helped turn Afghan tide.
4. Moscow Times: Alexander Vershbow, The Beginning of a U.S.-Russian Alliance?
5. AP: Putin, NATO's Lord Robertson Meet.
6. The Russia Journal editorial: Caution on Putin.
7. New York Times editorial: Russia's Economic Rebound.
8. AP: Russia Announces Oil Cuts.
9. San Francisco Chronicle: Anna Badkhen, Chechen conflict mirrors Afghan options. Tough terrain, Islamic rebels stymie Russia.
10. Reuters: Russia liberals applaud new criminal procedures.
11. The Russia Journal: Otto Latsis, Challenging times for Putin.
12. Moscow Times: Civic Forum Winds Up on a High Note.
13. Izvestia: Georgii Ilichev, WITHOUT A DIVINITY, BUT WITH INSPIRATION. Human rights groups launch a new attack on the authorities.
14. Vremya MN: Valery Batuyev, DISINTEGRATION OF THE ARMY AS A CONSEQUENCE OF THE MILITARY REFORMS?
15. BBC Monitoring: Russian general says army readiness in danger, professional soldiers needed.
16. Interfax: Russian politician accuses military of deceit over professional army. (Nemtsov)
17. Obshchaya Gazeta: THERE IS NO OTHER WAY. But Can the President Convince Russia's Elite and Society? (Sergei Karaganov interview)