JRL #5586 Contents:
1. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
2. AP: NATO, Russia to Create New Council.
3. Vremya Novostei: Oleg Volkov, DECADE OF REGRET. Most Russians still wish for the Soviet Union.
4. The Russia Journal: Andrei Piontkovsky, Russia notches up victory in Afghanistan. Political change is set to stay as the benefits of U.S. cooperation appear.
5. The Economist (UK): Russia and OPEC. Oilman's bluff. Russia says it will cut production. That may save face, but nothing more.
6. The Russia Journal: Alexander Golts, Kursk firings should not be military’s last. A massive shake-up is needed if Putin is serious about military reform.
7. Reuters: Powell says no "booty bag" for Central Asians.
8. Wall Street Journal Europe: Vladimir Socor, Back to Bad Old Soviet Habits.
9. Komsomolskaya Pravda: ENOUGH OF CHASING AFTER DESERTERS! A round-table discussion of the military reforms.
10. The Akron Beacon Journal: Sean Kay, IS A HANDSHAKE ENOUGH TO SEAL A DEAL IN A NUCLEAR WORLD?
11. Washington Post: Henry Kissinger, Russia: A Partner, But Not in NATO.