JRL #5585 Contents:
1. Interfax: Two thirds of Russians think country cannot get by without oil
2. Interfax: Russian citizens still waiting for efficient work by parliament.
3. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
4. Reuters: Russia vows winter campaign against Chechen rebels.
5. The Moscow Tribune: Dmitry Polikarpov, Purges may be in works.
6. Vesti.ru: Freedom to Shopkeepers! The state must solve Russia's perennial dilemma as to what to do with small businesses - either to set them free or to ban altogether.
7. pravda.ru: NIKOLAY KOVALEV: IF THE WORLD HAD LISTENED TO RUSSIA, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE TO AVOID A LOT OF MISTAKES.
8. Reuters: U.S. brakes NATO-Russia embrace.
9. International Herald Tribune: Andrew Weiss, Alliance Needs Better Ties With Moscow.
10. International Herald Tribune: Frederick Bonnart, Here Is the Chance to Integrate Russia.
11. Reuters: IMF does not expect Russia will need loans.
12. Reuters: OPEC row shows need for more Russia reforms.
13. Interfax: Alternative service introduction to have no effect on number of dodgers -- military.
14. Chris Kedzie: Alternative Civilian Service in Nizhny Novogorod.
15. Financial Times (UK): Andrew Jack, Export cut helps Russia out of 'winter reality'
16. International Herald Tribune: Shashi Tharoor, More and More E-Mail That Says Less and Less.