1. Reuters: U.S. oil jumps as Russia mulls deeper cuts.
2. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
3. Financial Times (UK): Andrew Jack, Russian TV chief to fight closure ruling.
4. Reuters: Russians fall in love with reality TV.
5. Moscow Times: Irina Glushchenko, Are We Becoming Dozy Electrical Appliances? (re "Za Steklom")
6. New book by Anders Åslund: Building Capitalism: The Transformation of the Former Soviet Bloc.
7. Reuters: World chess contest kicks off--without champions.
8. Reuters: Anti-terror operations only in first phase -Russia.
9. Interfax: Russian general praises US operations in Afghanistan. (Lebed)
10. Victor Kalashnikov: viruses.
11. Jim Kleinschmit: Russia and WTO Accession.
12. Alexei Portanski: WTO Information Office Moscow.
13. Washington Post: HUDSON GOES HOLLYWOOD.
14. Reuters: Czech Havel calls for caution in NATO-Russia ties.
15. Forbes Magazine: Benjamn Fulford, The Wild, Wild East. On the rugged frontiers of capitalism the heroes are entrepreneurskis.
16. Vremya Novostei: The Race of Ambitions Gets Off the Ground. An interview with Alexei Malashenko about Afghanistan's political prospects.
17. AP: Russia Troops Back in Kabul.
18. Interfax: CIS and Russia lead the world for HIV infection.