JRL #5564 Contents:
1. Reuters: Russia, NATO mull risks and benefits from new
2. The Russia Journal: Alexander Golts, New alliance proposal poses challenge.
3. UPI: Gorbachev: Russia needs better NATO ties.
4. Reuters: Gorbachev says Russia needs new political party.
5. Itar-Tass: Russia to lead world in democratic elections.
6. Washington Post: David Broder, Safeguard Russia's Nukes.
7. The Sunday Telegraph (UK): Robert Fox, Putin is succeeding where Brezhnev failed. (re Afghanistan)
8. The Central Asia-Caucasus Analyst: Glen Howard, MOSCOW’S BID FOR INFLUENCE IN AFGHANISTAN: THE KISS OF DEATH OF A BROAD-BASED GOVERNMENT?
9. Kyodo: Bin Laden may hide in central Asia or Iran: Pakistan paper.
10. Chicago Tribune: Paul Salopek, Refugees are living a hellish existence. Decrepit embassy a bleak portrait of Afghan crisis.
11. Reuters: Gulf oil exporters want higher Russia oil cut.
12. Newsday: Susan Harrigan, A Slick Indicator to Economic Recovery. Russia's pending oil production decision might lead to an upturn in United States.
13. Washington Post: Daniel Williams, Putin's Tilt to the West Riles Key Factions. Powerful Constituencies Still Distrustful of U.S.
14. Chicago Tribune editorial: Getting to `yes' with Russia.