JRL #5558 Contents:
1. Reuters: Secret Soviet atomic cities fuel nuclear
2. UPI: Russia to elect new upper house speaker.
3. RFE/RL RUSSIAN POLITICAL WEEKLY: Donald Jensen, SUMMIT AFTERWORD: NOT YET THE END OF HISTORY.
4. Nezavisimaya Gazeta: Aleksandr Kuranov, Putin's Plan. The attempt to westernize Russia may be successful.
5. Moscow Time: Victoria Lavrentieva, EBRD Sees Solid Russian Growth.
6. Interfax: Communist leader says Putin letting USA drag Russia into war with Muslim world.
7. International Herald Tribune: Graham Allison, Karl Kaiser and Sergei Karaganov, The World Needs a Global Alliance for Security.
8. Trud: Marina Chernukha, THE STATE AND SOCIETY: READY FOR A DIALOGUE. Dialogue between the power and society is strengthening.
9. Peter Lavelle: Untimely Thoughts - No math questions, please (re Some thoughts not about the ABM Treaty!)
10. UPI: Chechen envoy: Russia holds key to war end.
11. Vremya MN: Elena Tokareva, PROMISING POLITICIANS ARE RECRUITED FROM AMONG PATRIOTS. Russia may have to live with the left patriots for a decade.
12. Trud: Vitaly Golovachev, POST-SOVIET REPUBLICS HAVE DIFFERENT LIVING STANDARDS.
13. Reuters: Russia considering overhaul of relations with NATO.