1. abcnews.com: Interview With Vladimir Putin. Barbara
Walters Talks to Russia's President.
2. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
3. RFE/RL: Jeremy Bransten, Russia: Nation's Youth Are Apolitical And Materialistic.
4. BBC Monitoring: Pro-Putin youth in streets to "clean Russia of political rubbish"
5. Izvestia: Georgi Iljichev, Youth Against Revolution. People's attitude to the Great October Revolution of 1917 has been the same for the last 7 years.
6. Zavtra: Alexander Prohanov, Putin's "Drumsticks" to be Sent to Afghanistan. Russian military registration and enlistment offices have been turned into Chicago butchery's branches.
7. AP: Growing U.S.-Russia Ties Criticized.
8. UPI: Ariel Cohen, Defection shakes tyrant. (re Turkmenistan)
9. Reuters: East Europeans seek security gains by backing West.
10. New Carnegie Book: Political Leadership in Russia's Transition.
11. Ira Straus: Day of National Reconciliation: A Russian Example for the World.