1. Obshchaya Gazeta: I.Q. LEVEL OF THE RUSSIAN POLITICAL
2. Reuters: U.S. will respect Russia interests in C.Asia-Rice.
3. Novoe Vremya: WHICH FAITH WILL SAVE US. (poll)
4. Christian Science Monitor: Fred Weir, Burning question: Are Russian troops fighting in Afghanistan? Moscow denies rumors that Russia has gone beyond intelligence, logistics support.
5. Moscow Times: Matt Bivens, IMF and Russia Suffer Democracy Deficit.
6. Moscow Times: Peter Rutland, A Turning Point in U.S.-Russian Relations?
7. Vek: Andrei Ryabov, TWO MOON JUNCTION. Potential pitfalls on the path to a ruling party.
8. Peter Lavelle: Untimely Thoughts - Putin to join the west, Russia may follow later (re An ironic look at Putin & the west).
9. The Wall Street Journal Europe editorial: The Putin Doctrine?
10. Newsweek International: Eve Conant, His Big Gamble. Two leaders see their worlds changing—and have been quick to lead. Russian President Vladimir Putin is one.
11. strana.ru: Abkhazia Seeks to Escape from Georgian Sphere of Influence – into Russia’s.
12. BBC Monitoring: Rally in Russian republic's capital calls for full independence. (Tatarstan)
13. BBC Monitoring: Russian Duma official calls for greater military budget transparency.
14. Reuters: First Kazakh oil loaded from Russia pipeline.
15. Novaya Gazeta: Vakhtang Shelia, THE WRONG WAR. The war in Afghanistan is likely to be completely useless.