|JRL #5620:||Plain Text - Entire Issue|
1. AFP: President Putin visits formerly dissident
2. AP: U.S. Helping Cut Chechnya Rebel Aid.
3. Reuters: Putin says Russia's '02 goal better life for people.
4. BBC Monitoring: Russian president pleased with year's results, says everybody must benefit.
5. Interfax: Communists lead latest Russian opinion poll.
6. The Times (UK): Clem Cecil, It's hard to be me, says First Lady of Russia.
7. BBC Monitoring: Russia's first lady urges children to seek happiness within.
8. AP: Yeltsin Says He Led Russia Well.
9. Nezavisimaya Gazeta: Sergei Alekseev, RUSSIA AT THE BREAKING POINT. Trust in the regime is essential to overcome mounting economic problems.
10. Reuters: Russia's Putin disbands liberal pardons commission.
11. Financial Times (UK) editorial: Putin plays a weak hand well.
12. Ludmila Foster: telegram to Pasko.
13. Reuters: Russian prosecutor seeks tougher sentence for Pasko.
14. Obshchaya Gazeta: Valentina Voronova, JOURNALISTS TO BE TAUGHT TO LOVE FREEDOM. Primorye law enforcement agencies have found a scapegoat.
15. RIA Novosti: RUSSIA'S FOREIGN MINISTER SUMS UP OUTGOING YEAR.
16. Stringer: SHAMANOV MAY BECOME PRESIDENT OF RUSSIA.
17. Stringer: NAZI PROJECT.
18. Washington Post: Sharon LaFraniere, Cleaning Up Russia's Culture of Corruption. Putin Targeting All Who 'Feed Off' Small Business.
19. BBC Monitoring: Chechen web site says Russian journalists back war to please Kremlin.
20. Joanna Janco: Washington holiday events.