|JRL #5613 Contents:||Plain Text - Entire Issue|
1. UPI: Martin Walker, Central Asia - Is the US settling
2. AP: Russian director Sokurov shoots monumental film in St. Petersburg's Hermitage Museum.
3. New York Times: Thomas Friedman, Russia's Last Line.
4. Washington Post: David Ignatius, Russia Wins the War.
5. Itar-Tass: Russian liberal leader hopes for "constructive cooperation" with authorities. (Yavlinsky)
6. The Observer (UK): Ian Traynor, Atrocity museum angers Russians. Kremlin accuses Germans of 'making us look like Nazis'
7. Los Angeles Times: Eugene Rumer and Jeffrey Simon, Russia Should Have a Seat at the Table.
8. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
9. Newsweek Poland: Andrew Nagorski, Who is Vladimir Putin? The Russian leader has demonstrated a healthy disdain for ideology, but he’s still a product of his KGB upbringing.
10. BBC Monitoring: Russian defence chief's contradictory statements aim to avoid conflict - paper.
11. New York Times: Michael Wines, You Pretend to Drive, We Pretend to Get You There.