|JRL #5597 Contents:||Plain Text - Entire Issue|
1. Reuters: TEXT-Putin speech on U.S. withdrawal from ABM
2. White House Statement: Response to Russian Statement on U.S. ABM Treaty Withdrawal.
3. Interfax: US withdrawal from ABM does not pose threat to Russia - Yabloko leader. (Yavlinsky)
4. RIA Novosti: RUSSIAN ACADEMICIAN SERGEI KAPITSA BELIEVES NECESSITY OF DIALOGUE AMONG DIFFERENT CIVILISATIONS HAS SHARPLY INCREASED.
5. Lee Wolosky: RE: 5596-Klimoff/Putin.
6. Steve Wegren: new agricultural land law.
7. Donald Barry: Belin on Constitutional Amendments.
8. Sarah Karush: amending the consitution.
9. Carmen MacDougall: New book: Soviets: Pictures from the End of the USSR.
10. Moscow Times: Yulia Latynina, How to Squander Presidential Prestige.
11. Moscow Times: Nabi Abdullaev, Are Chechens in Afghanistan?
12. Versiya: Vadim Saranov, CRISIS. Something needs to be done about Russia's diverse security structures.
13. The Russia Journal: Matt Taibbi, Say ‘Cheese’ — and all is OK in Russia. Businessmen wear casual clothes — FT says that proves the country is making progress.
14. Washington Times: Bill Gertz, Dissident protests Russia, China ties to U.S. war. (Bukovsky)
15. The Economist (UK): The Kremlin. Old versus new. Civil war in President Putin's camp.
16. RFE/RL: Kathleen Knox, 2001 In Review: For Vladimir Putin, A Year Of Transformation.
17. strana.ru: Kremlin Spin Doctor on Why He is Ditching Internet Media. (Pavlovsky)