JRL #5579 Contents:
1. AP: Zhirinovsky Now Sounds More Mainstream.
2. Luba Schwatzman: ORT Review.
3. Reuters: Putin navy purge is shot across military's bows.
4. Moscow Times: Boris Kagarlitsky, Food for Thought Off Menu.
5. Interfax: Russian human rights ombudsman slams Russia's penal system.
6. AP: Russia Military Reporter on Trial. (Pasko)
7. Christian Science Monitor: Fred Weir, Fishbowl view of seven young Russians spawns tempest. Is Moscow's first reality TV show a cultural mirror or pornography?
8. Internet Russian/English version of the Russian periodical Oppozitsiya (Resistance). http://oppozitsiya.narod.ru
9. eurasianet.org: Igor Torbakov, RUSSIA'S GROWING PRESENCE IN AFGHANISTAN HINTS AT REGIONAL RIVALRY WITH WESTERN POWERS.
10. PRNewswire: 2,600 Russian Political Leaders to Visit U.S. in 2002 As Part of Center for Russian Leadership Development Open World Program.
11. Inter Press Service: Jim Wurst, US Seen Resisting Cooperation On Terrorism, Arms.
12. New York Times: Lawrence Sacharow, For Russians, Theater Is a Process of Constant Rediscovery.