1. The Russia Journal: Andrei Piontkovsky, Time for
Russia to push for new alliance.
2. Itar-Tass: Russia's birth rate remains low.
3. Interfax: Afghanistan replaces USA as greatest threat, says poll of Russians.
4. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
5. Washington Post: Robert Kaiser, Putin's Bold Steps.
6. Washington Post: Masha Lipman, The Resistance at Home.
7. Reuters: Russian oil cuts to be symbolic - Finmin source.
8. Jamestown Foundation Monitor: CHECHEN REBELS DENY AIDING TALIBAN AND AL-QAIDA.
9. Financial Times (UK): Andrew Jack and Clive Cookson, Atomic leaks. The west fears Soviet bomb material could be stolen by terrorists.
10. UPI: Derk Kinnane Roleofsma, Analysis: The cost of friendship.
11. Reuters: U.S. could win war, lose peace -ex Soviet minister. (Yazov)
12. The Moscow Tribune: Dmitry Polikarpov, Many doubt use of war on corruption.
13. Reuters: Russia says climate deal could let it ratify Kyoto.
14. The Russia Journal: Alexander Golts, Russia, U.S. seek to solve ABM dilemma. The two sides look increasingly likely to reinterpret the 1972 treaty.