1. strana.ru: Russia Celebrates November Seventh Holiday
Along With Its Neighbors. ‘Red Calendar Day’ celebrated throughout CIS.
2. Interfax: Majority of Russians want U.S. operation in Afghanistan to succeed.
3. AP: Putin: Smallpox, Anthrax Supplies Safe. (Putin in ABC interview)
4. Wall Street Journal Europe: Frederick Kempe, Making the Most Of the Russian Embrace.
5. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
6. St. Petersburg Times: Vladimir Kovalyev, Even the Birch Trees Want To Emigrate.
7. Kyodo: U.S. special forces set to deploy soon from Tajik bases.
8. RFE/RL RUSSIAN POLITICAL WEEKLY: EXPERTS ROUNDTABLE. (Steve Solnick, Thomas Remington, Andrew Weiss, Michael McFaul, Paul Saunders)
9. strana.ru: Sergei Markov: “Zbigniew Brzezinsky Is a Direct Opponent of Bush’s Policies”
10. Interfax: Ukrainian president welcomes NATO expansion.
11. Los Angeles Times: David Satter, Nuke-Toting Gangs in Russia Pose a Threat to the West.
12. Hudson Institute begins work on documentary film. Film will examine the fall of the Soviet Union.
13. Wall Street Journal: Brenda Shaffer, A Caspian Alternative to OPEC.
14. Baltimore Sun editorial: You've got mail. Sanitized messages: Anthrax threats give new respectability to electronic love letters, invitations.