1. Itar-Tass: Statistics committee issues data on poverty
levels throughout Russia.
2. Christian Science Monitor: Fred Weir, Russia gets cold feet over antiterror plans.
3. BBC Monitoring: US ambassador to Russia says need for missile defence even greater now.
4. RIA: Ex-Soviet commander in Afghanistan warns USA against hasty action. (Gromov)
5. Financial Times (UK): Robert Cottrell, Russian army wary of becoming involved in any action.
6. Moscow Times: Yulia Latynina, Plato on Fate Of Modern Civilization.
7. NEW from CORNELL UNIVERSITY PRESS: Michael McFaul's RUSSIA'S UNFINISHED REVOLUTION. Political Change from Gorbachev to Putin.
8. Andrew Gentes: The Soviets in Afghanistan--A False Analogy.
9. Joseph Dresen: response to Boris Kagarlitsky-5448.
10. Charles McLaughlin: 5th Annual "Jubilee" Russian Investment Symposium in Boston.
11. RFE/RL: Jeremy Bransten, Chechnya: Rebel Offensive Highlights Moscow's Difficulties.
12. strana.ru: Opinion differs in Central Asian countries on cooperation with United States in fight against terrorism.
13. strana.ru: Russia's participation in anti-terrorist operation in Afghanistan may be substantial but not military.
14. Financial Times (UK): Andrew Jack, Russia faces human rights charge by ex-prisoner.
15. BBC Monitoring: West to ditch Chechnya in exchange for Moscow's support against Taleban - pro-Chechen site.
16. Reuters: Russia offers investors corporate governance code.