September 6, 1999
This Date's Issues: 3484 3485

1. Sabirzyan Badretdinov: HOW TO SPEED UP RUSSIA'S DISINTEGRATION?
2. Reuters: Ravaged, shunned Abkhazia remains defiant.
3. Integrum WorldWide: Online database services.
4. The Times (UK): David Lister and James Bone, Banker tells of kidnap
by Russian mafia. (re Alexandre Konanykhine)

5. AP: Senators Argue About Russia Politics.
6. The Guardian (UK): Paul Farrelly, Elite's underworld links exposed.
The men growing rich from Russia's economic ruin.

7. Washington Post: Leah Bendavid-Val, A LOOK AT . . . Mirror Images.
Worlds Apart, And Much The Same.

8. Voice of America: What Next in Russia? (Discussion with Jonas
Bernstein, Paul Goble, and Anders Aslund).]