October 12, 1998
This Date's Issues: 24252426

1. Diana Pearson: Hopeful examples.
2. Matthew Rendall: "Chto dozvoleno Iupiteru..." (re Goldgeier &
McFaul)(Russia and Balkans).

3. Frank Durgin: Hunger in Russia.
4. Reuters: Yeltsin suffers from a cold in Uzbek trip.
5. The Independent (UK): Andrew Marshall, US loses out to Russia over
Azerbaijan oil.

6. Reuters: Former Russian PM pondering bank job, Duma seat.
(Kiriyenko).

7. Sovetskaya Rossiya: Yuriy Nikiforenko, State Duma deputy, chairman
of the subcommittee for the integration of Slavic peoples, "Personal
Impressions of the Parliamentary Visit to Kiev. Overcoming Adversity
Together."

8. Journal of Commerce: John Helmer, Exporters: Russia's food policy
baffles.

9. Grzegorz Kolodko: "virtual economy" and output collapse.
10. Chicago Tribune: Colin McMahon, AS RUSSIA SINKS, FORMER SUBJECTS
IN THE BALTICS LOOK FOR LIFEBOATS.

11. Rossiyskaya Gazeta: Igor Tsukanov, "The Flight of Capital."]