July 24, 1998
This Date's Issues: 2280

1. Martine Self: JRL - some questions. (DJ: Let me endorse
Martine Self's request for exploration of some of the more
positive aspects of today's Russia. Or at least the
presentation and discussion of constructive proposals for
what to do about the many problems.)

2. Jenni Bennett: Re, 2271-Mike Snow's "The One" (Russian women).
3. Bloomberg: U.S. Vice President Gore Praises Russian Reform Plan.
4. AP: Gore Draws Up Russia Summit Plans.
5. Nezavisimaya Gazeta: Dmitri Gornostayev, GORE ON A FACT-FINDING
MISSION IN MOSCOW. Washington May Force Moscow into Making Serious
Economic and Political Concessions in Exchange for IMF Loan.

6. Moscow Times editorial: IMF Makes Right Moves In Russia.
7. Boston Globe: David Filipov, Strike at atom arms center highlights
Russian unrest.

8. Los Angeles Times: Levon Marashlian, No Easy Solutions to Resolve
Long-Standing Caucasus Conflict. Nagorno-Karabakh: Any compromise that
the Armenians can accept is limited by geography.

9. The Times (UK): Michael Binyon, Washed-out Yeltsin under holiday
cloud.

10. Komsomolskaya Pravda: Paper Derides Yeltsin U-Turn, Apology for
Czar's Murder.

11. Komsomolskaya Pravda: Duma Faction Leaders' Vacation Plans Noted.
12. Reuters: Lebed raises spectre of nuclear break-up.
13. Interfax: Lebed 'Confident' of Pending Civil War in Chechnya.]