May 16, 1998
This Date's Issues: 2180 ••

1. Jonathan Sanders: Harriman Institute story.
2. AP: Kim Gamel, Experts Debate Russia's Future.
(DJ: This is the story referred to by Jonathan Sanders
which I earlier transmitted in a garbled version.)

3. Reuters: Gleb Bryansky, Russia's Lebed coy about Kremlin
plans.

4. Moscow Times: Dmitry Zaks, Krasnoyarsk Gets Ready for
Life With Lebed.

5. Toronto Sun: Matthew Fisher, For old Reds, the party's over.
6. Nezavisimaya Gazeta: Armen Khanbabyan, RUSSIA IS NO LONGER
A BIG BROTHER. (Berezovsky and CIS).

7. VOA: Ed Warner, CHINA AND RUSSIA: DIVERGING PATHS.
8. Finanical Times (UK): Anatol Lieven, RUSSIA: No longer a nation
worth dying for.

9. New York Times: Michael Gordon, Russia, I.M.F. Disagree on How
to Cut Deficit.

10. RFE/RL NEWSLINE: DUMA CONCERNED ABOUT CHUBAIS APPOINTMENT...
FORMS COMMISSION TO INVESTIGATE FALL 1993 EVENTS.]

********