|JRL #5619:||Plain Text - Entire Issue|
1. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
2. Reuters: U.S. envoy hails ties, chides Russia on Chechnya. (Vershbow)
3. Moscow Times: 2001: A Year of Surprises, A Year to Remember.
4. Baltimore Sun: Douglas Birch, Oil is czarina of Russia's economy. Industry is vital, subject to vagaries of climate, market.
5. Los Angeles Times: Robyn Dixon, Russian Painter Brushes Away Regrets on Artistic Compromise. Marketplace: Sergei Yushkevich makes a comfortable living copying works but thinks wistfully of those who 'aimed higher.'
6. Ilya Vinkovetsky reviews BATURIN et al., _EPOKHA EL'TSINA: OCHERKI POLITICHESKOI ISTORII_. (A Chronicle for the Time of Boris)