|JRL #5600 Contents:||Plain Text|
1. AFP: US set ABM withdrawal date shortly after
Bush-Putin summit: official.
2. New York Times: Celestine Bohlen, In Chechnya, Truth Is a Dangerous Goal. (re Anna Politkovskaya)
3. The Guardian (UK): Baron who beat the sheikhs. Interview: Mikhail Khodorkovsky, chief executive of Yukos oil group.
4. The Russia Journal: Andrei Piontkovsky, Same old story for Russian market reform.
5. The Russia Journal (US edition): Matt Taibbi, Missing the point on Russia's oil cuts.
6. RFE/RL: Tony Wesolowsky, USSR Breakup: Historian Explains Phenomenon Of 'Soviet Nostalgia'. (Stephen Cohen)
7. New York Times: Sabrina Tavernise, Novelist Chronicles the Intrigues of the New Moguls. (Yuliya Latynina)
8. Jamestown Foundation Monitor: PUTIN RULES OUT EXTENDING PRESIDENTIAL TERM.
9. Interfax: Russian Communist leader attacks Russia's policy on nuclear forces, NATO.
10. Reuters: Rumsfeld says to reward Caucasus for Afghan help.
11. AP: Scrapped Treaty May Benefit Russia.