|JRL #5594 Contents:||Plain Text|
1. AFP: Russian holiday season broken up with US threat
2. BBC Monitoring: Politicians debate amendments as Russia celebrates Constitution Day.
3. Reuters: IMF says Russian economy is in strong position.
4. Financial Times (UK) letter: Carl Hamilton, Double-speak on EU trade policy with Russia.
5. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
6. The Chronicle of Higher Education: Bryon MacWilliams, For Russia's Universities, a Decade of More Freedom and Less Money. Facilities languish and top scholars leave, but students have unprecedented options.
7. Asia Times: Sergei Blagov, Hollow ring to Russia's reassurances.
8. Stars and Stripes: Mark Oliva, Fitness expert who trained Russians for Afghanistan pushes Marines to their max.
9. pravda.ru: STATE DUMA DEPUTY YEVGENI PRIMAKOV: I DO NOT SUPPOSE MOSCOW WILL COMPLETELY DUPLICATE ANY EXISTING MEGALOPOLIS.
10. Financial Times (UK): Andrew Jack, Russians in a pickle over arrival of the euro.
11. Reuters: Russia's resurgence reshapes world oil hierarchy.