JRL #5588 Contents:
1. Washington Post editorial: Russia's Place.
2. BBC Monitoring: Idea of five-year term in Russia is not necessarily for Putin's presidency.
3. Vladivostok News: U.S. ambassador: local authorities to call the shots in luring investment.
4. Victor Kalashnikov: Putin forever.
5. The Russia Journal: Robert Bruce Ware, West ignored Chechnya’s dealings with bin Laden.
6. Chicago Tribune: Reese Erlich, Chechens deny their republic is bin Laden pawn.
7. New York Times: Michael Wines, War on Terror Casts Chechen Conflict in a New Light.
8. BBC Monitoring: Russia keeps seeing refugees as a problem not a blessing.
9. The Russia Journal: Ekaterina Larina, Bureaucracy faces the knife – and many questions. Most agree reform is needed, but little else is certain.
10. BBC Monitoring: Russian media tycoon predicts Putin chief aide's fall in live TV interview. (Berezovsky)