JRL #5582 Contents:
1. Baltimore Sun editorial: Putin is dictating, but not
by the law. Russia: President's former co-workers have turned legal system into
a political weapon.
2. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
3. Reuters: Russia to cut oil exports after OPEC pressure.
4. New York Times: Sabrina Tavernise, A New Western Focus on Russia, 'Where the Oil Is'
5. Reuters: Putin says U.S. troops won't stay in Central Asia.
6. The Times (UK): Richard Owen, President becomes a calendar pin-up.
7. Moscow Times: Oksana Yablokova, Berezovsky Urges 'Family' to Rebel.
8. Kommersant: Nikolai Vardul, RUSSIA HAS STOPPED GROWING. November statistics paint a gloomy economic picture.
9. Reuters: Russia's upper house approves Kremlin-friendly head.
10. Washington Times: Ronald D. Asmus and Jeremy D. Rosner, Don't give Russia a veto at NATO.
11. eurasianet.org: Igor Torbakov, ECONOMIC CLOUT GIVES RUSSIA GROWING POWER IN CIS.
12. Prospect Magazine (UK): Anatol Lieven, Growing Up: The EU and European Security.