JRL #5566 Contents:
1. Moscow Times editorial: The Devil Ended Up in The
Details. (re judicial reform)
2. The Globe and Mail (Canada): John Lloyd, We can welcome this bear. Inviting Russia to help NATO plan the war on terror underscores how Sept. 11 has forged new bonds between old enemies.
3. Reuters: Russian expert calls for cash to curb AIDS spread.
4. International Herald Tribune: Daniel Williams, New Blow for Russian TV. Last Major Independent Station Ordered to Close. (TV-6)
5. Moscow Times: Boris Kagarlitsky, Putin's Shrinking Appeal.
6. UPI: Russia proposes bill to protect anthem.
7. Eurasianet.org: Mark Katz, BIG DECISIONS LOOM FOR RUSSIAN OIL PRODUCTION.
8. Joseph Dresen: Kennan Institute December events.
9. therussianissues.com: Future of Gorbachevís New Party Could Be Gloomy (press review)
10. Jamestown Foundation Monitor: WHERE IS KHATTAB, IN AFGHANISTAN OR CHECHNYA? Facts about Chechens fighting in Afghanistan remain murky.
11. Time Europe: Wendell Steavenson, Strength in Numbers. Letter From Tbilisi: Protests are forcing change in Georgia's government, but the people want more.
12. 7th Annual World Convention of the Association for the Study of Nationalities (ASN): Call for Papers