1. Chicago Tribune: Reese Erlich, SOVIET DISSIDENTS.
Gone with the winds of change.
2. Boston Globe: David Filipov, THE HEART OF THE WAR. Journey through a land of loss.
3. New York Times Book Review: SOVIETS. Pictures From the End of the USSR. Photographs by Shepard Sherbell.
4. New York Times letter: Carol Saivetz, Bush and Putin: A Crawford Agenda.
5. Reuters: Richard Balmforth, ANALYSIS-Russia's Putin rides high ahead of U.S. summit.
6. The Russia Journal: Otto Latsis, Putinís preliminary results.
7. Los Angeles Times: David Willman and Alan Miller, Nuclear Threat Is Real, Experts Warn. The former Soviet stockpile is seen as a likely source of weaponry for terrorists. Specialists cite lax security, missing materials and attempted thefts.