1. New York Times: David Sanger and Thom Shanker, Bush
Adviser Says Russia Is Warming to U.S. ABM Tests. (Rice)
2. Reuters: Russian probe chief describes crew's hell on Kursk.
3. The Russia Journal: Andrei Piontkovsky, What allies does today’s Russia need? In a fast-changing world, the country must make the right decisions.
4. UPI: Russia sets agenda for talks with rebels. (Chechnya)
5. Laura Belin: war or anti-terrorist operation?
6. Robert Bruce Ware: re Englund: Anti-terrorist operation (JRL #5510).
7. BBC Monitoring: Moscow needs Chechen peace talks to redeploy forces to Central Asia - rebel web site.
8. Itar-Tass: New bloc to offer leadership to Putin.
9. UPI: Life goes on in Uzbek border town.
10. Slate Magazine: David Plotz, Russian President Vladimir Putin. Why is he on our side?
11. The Guardian (UK): David Hooper, Bad cars, good times. The old East Germany is coming into fashion.
12. The New Zealand Herald: Mansfield's Russian revolution. Biographer Joanna Woods tells MARGIE THOMSON how Katherine Mansfield was transformed from a mad, bad girl into a great writer.