1. Reuters: Stroke of Putin pen gives Russians land
2. Washington Times: Edward Lozansky and Paul Weyrich, A brave new Russia.
3. Vremya MN: Dmitry Shusharin, THE PRESIDENT'S LONELINESS. President Putin has the courage to make unpopular decisions.
4. Financial Times (UK): Judy Dempsey, Moscow asks Nato for help in restructuring.
5. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
6. The Economist (UK): Russia's Muslims. One faith, but not one vision. The bombing of Afghanistan shows up divides among Russia's Muslims.
7. Reuters: Russian Gazprom extends Kremlin reach in EU, Asia.
8. Nezavisimaya Gazeta: Lidia Andrusenko, POLITICAL CONSULTANTS ADVISING PUTIN. Putin should demand concessions from the United States.
9. AP: Putin Told to Demand Rewards From U.S.
10. Washington Post: Steven Mufson, Postponement Shows Priority Shift. (re ABM)
11. Financial Times (UK): Andrew Jack, Russia booms as west heads into downturn: Attacks on US have had little impact on a healthy and well-managed economy.
12. BBC Monitoring: New education blueprint adopted in Russia.
13. UPI: Ariel Cohen, Putin Squeezes Out Yeltsin.