1. Reuters: ABM pact with Russia may have wiggle room -
2. strana.ru: Fate of ABM Treaty Still Undecided. In Shanghai, Bush refrained from reproaching Putin on Chechnya, and called for persecuting political supporters of terrorists.
3. AP: Putin Pledges to Aid Afghan Alliance.
4. Profil: FOR BETTER OR WORSE. (poll)
5. Argumenty i Fakty: OUR PEOPLE IN AFGHANISTAN.
6. UPI: Ariel Cohen, Analysis: US Black holes on Afghan policy.
7. Moscow Times: Boris Pustintsev, The Kremlin and Civil Society.
8. Moscow Times: Matt Bivens, Indifference a Constant at U.S. Embassy.
9. Vek: Andrei Ryabov, TOO MANY LOYALISTS. Pro-Putin parties all the way across the political spectrum.
10. Los Angeles Times: Paul Watson, Russia Fears U.S. Has Hidden Afghan Agenda, Fighter Says. Asia: Top Moscow leaders meet with anti-Taliban commander to discuss concerns that America is trying to expand its influence in the region.
11. New York Times: C. J. Chivers, Veterans of Soviets' Old War Warn of Betrayal and Brutality.
12. Wall Street Journal editorial: Putin's Gifts.