1. Reuters: US Commerce chief Evans upbeat on Russia
2. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
3. Reuters: Source: Bush pushes NATO enlargement after attack.
4. Reuters: Russia's Putin gives ex-spy chief anti-terror post.
5. The Moscow Tribune: Dmitry Polikarpov, Feared biological attacks not likely.
6. The Moscow Tribune: Dmitry Polikarpov, Good draftees hard to find.
7. Asia Times: Danielle Knight, Russia's northern forest disappears.
8. Dawn (Pakistan): Anwer Mooraj, Putin and Russian capitalism.
9. AFP: Everything to gain for Tajikistan in aiding US campaign: analysts.
10. Reuters: Russia unruffled by Bush missile resolve.
11. The Russia Journal: Andrei Piontkovsky, Putin melts Europe’s lines of division. But extending the horrors of the Chechen war could lead to disaster.
12. The Russia Journal: Michael Heath, Final act for Russia’s Anatoly Chubais show?
13. AFP: US, Uzbekistan confirm deal on anti-terror military cooperation.
14. Boston Globe: David Filipov, Uzbek air base gets ready for war, and 1,200 US troops.