1. Moscow Times: Pavel Felgenhauer, Bin Laden Best Left to Rot.
2. Luba Schwartzman: ORT Review.
3. AP: Russian Pledges Cooperation With US.
4. strana.ru: Russia will not actively participate in new Afghan war. In exchange for cooperation, Americans are prepared to simplify and speed up Russia's entry into WTO.
5. strana.ru: Bombing Afghanistan will not solve the problem. Exclusive interview with Pavel Kendel, an ethnic conflicts expert at the Europe Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences.
6. Bram Caplan: Re: 5451-Glad/Russia's Coming Collapse.
7. Scott Sonders: Re:5450 Gentes/Soviets in Afghanistan.
8. Peter Lavelle: Untimely Thoughts - The jockeying for position begins (re the security dilemmas of Russia & CIS).
9. Reuters: Russia economy sheltered for now from world shocks.
10. Moscow Times: Alla Startseva, Bank Reform Sparks War of Words.
11. UPI: Joseph Boris, Interview: Former Russian VP regards Afghans. (Rutskoi)
12. Matt Taibbi: re 5450-Dresen/Kagarlitsky.