December 6, 1998

This Date's Issues: 25052506 •

1. Fred Weir on Primakov at World Economic Forum.
2. AFP: Russia must create wealth, not just dig it up: Primakov.
3. Reuters: Ex-PM urges world to leave doors open for Russia.
(Kiriyenko in Washington).

4. Jacob Kipp: Buying the Russian Army: A Real Problem with Serious
Implications.

5. Abraham Brumberg: Re Starovoitova/Shlapentokh.
6. Jerry Hough: Food aid.
7. The Economist: Dirty tricks and democrats. (St. Petersburg election).
8. AFP: Russia wants to ramp up defence spending: minister.
9. Financial Times: Andrew Jack and Carlotta Gall, RUSSIA: Bank accounts
unfrozen.

10. RFE/RL: Matt Frost, Yelena Bonner Criticizes Lack Of Human Rights.
11. Valeri Jakushev: reply to Vladimir Shlapentokh on Abraham Brumberg.
12. Thad McArthur: Re The Monica Position/John Helmer. (IMF).
13. Reuters: Western business pleads for improvements in Russia.
14. Michael Mihalka: Job announcement Marshall Center.
15. Moscow Times: Duma Asks for Sell-Off Reversal.]