September 30, 1998
This Date's Issues: 240124022403

1. Harley Balzer: Middle Class.
2. Interfax: Top Media Official Views Current Situation
(Igor Malashenko).

3. The Independent (UK): Phil Reeves, Russia angered by Nato chief's
tour.

4. Reuters: ANALYSIS-New Russian tax chief faces daunting task.
5. John Danzer: Anti-Western Feelings.
6. Dmitri Gusev: Re Hough/who is losing Russia.
7. The Globe and Mail (Canada): Geoffrey York, Emigration from Russia.
8. Obshchaya Gazeta: Yegor Yakovlev, "The Doctor Will Try, But He Is
Not a Magician: Yevgeniy Primakov Is Assembling a Team To Treat a Gravely
Ill Country."

9. Journal of Commerce: John Helmer, Russian bank regulator urges US role
in crisis. Foreign investigators must be sought, he says.

10. Interfax: Poll Says Government Should Concentrate on Wages, Pensions.
11. Jamestown Foundation Monitor: WEAKNESS OF RUSSIAN STATE BLAMED FOR RISE
OF ORGANIZED CRIME.]