September 24, 1998
This Date's Issues: 23942395

1. Jim Vail: Wiemar comparison? (Walter Russell Mead in Esquire).
2. Peter Mahoney: Who Lost Russia.
3. AP: Russia Poll: Bring On Dictatorship.
4. Reuters: Communists hint might end support for Russia govt.
5. Moscow Times: Andrei Piontkovsky, SEASON OF DISCONTENT: New Hercules
Launches Into Risky Cleanup.

6. Moscow Times: Jeanne Whalen, NEWS ANALYSIS: Nationalization Unlikely
Despite Talk.

7. Reuters: Most Russians approve Primakov as PM, poll finds.
8. Journal of Commerce: John Helmer, Mr. Primakov's slow-motion start.
9. Newsday: Dimitri Simes, Don't Mess With Russia's Self-Rule.
10. Charley Warner: Cultural factors and the current crisis.
11. Barry W. Ickes: Re 2392-Armstrong/Printing Money.
12. Reuters: INTERVIEW-Russian small business frozen in crisis. (Irina
Khakamada).

13. Jerry Hough: Re 2393-Clarke/Government Blows Wage Arrears.]