August 29, 1998

This Date's Issues: 2332 2333••

So much news, so little time.
1. Jana Howlett: No Panic in Petersburg.
2. AP: Russian Opposition Softens Stance.
3. Ray Finch reports from Moscow streets.
4. AFP: START II may offer silver lining in tough summit.
5. Business Week: Patricia Kranz, RUSSIA: IS THERE A SOLUTION?
6. New York Times: Richard Pipes, Let Russia Fend for Itself.
7. AFP: Russian billionaire says Chernomyrdin best choice for
president. (Berezovsky).

8. Argumenty i Fakty: Vitaliy Tseplyayev, "Will Chernomyrdin Be
Any Better?"

9. AP: Young Russians Learn From Crisis.
10. Interfax: No 'Sensational Results' Expected From US-Russia
Summit. (Rogov).

11. Interfax: Berezovskiy Comments on Risk of 'Social
Disturbances.']