August 19, 1998
This Date's Issues: 2314  2315

8:44 AM 11/30/00Johnson's Russia List

Unfortunately, because of the demands of other work the output of JRL
may be somewhat diminished in the future. A solution to this problem is
desired.
1. Fred Weir on impact of rouble devaluation.
2. Gary Krueger: Devaluation.
3. Wayan Vota: What the "Emerging Russian Middle Class" says.
4. AP: Bank Closings Don't Worry Russians.
5. Reuters: Russia paper gives survival tips for rouble crisis.
6. Moscow Times: Chloe Arnold, Zyuganov Tells West Not to Invest
In Yeltsin.

7. Los Angeles Times: Jerry Hough, 'Reform' Goes Tumbling With
Ruble Devaluation.

8. Los Angeles Times: Michael McFaul, Forget About Monica, It's
Moscow and the Stakes are Global.

9. Financial Times (UK): RUSSIA: Shrinking options. John Thornhill
explains why Russia has devalued the rouble and asks whether it will work.

10. Reuters: Russian press lashes Yeltsin for devaluation.
11. RIA Novosti: THE AIM OF THE MEASURES TAKEN BY THE GOVERNMENT AND
THE CENTRAL BANK IS TO ENSURE PROTECTION OF THE RUSSIAN BANKING SYSTEM
AGAINST DISASTER, SAID ANATOLY CHUBAIS.

12. Washington Post editorial: Falling Rubles.]
cutback in output