August 16, 1998
This Date's Issues: 2310 ••

1. Melissa Caldwell: food assistance.
2. Fred Weir in Moscow on latest.
3. Christian Caryl Belarus bunnies.
4. Paul Backer: economic crisis.
5. Reuters: Philippa Fletcher, Russian government girds for confidence
battle.

6. New York Post: John Dizard, GORE & THE FALL OF RUSSIA'S ECONOMY.
7. Bloomberg: Russia's Nemtsov Says Nation Must Reduce Deficit,
Newsweek Says.

8. Ekonomika i Zhizn: Tatyana Ivanova, "Nonpayments: They Do Not Drown
In Water or Burn In Fire."

9. Interfax: Conference Criticizes Standards in Russian Prisons.
10. Itar-Tass: Kiriyenko Denies Rumored Cuts in Free Higher Education.
11. The Electronic Telegraph (UK): Marcus Warren, Rich watch from the
beach as rouble falls.

12. Reuters: Adam Tanner, Master Soviet cartoonist has no regrets.
(Nikolai Sokolov).

13. Chicago Tribune editorial: RUSSIAN RESOLVE ON THE LINE.
14. Interfax: Expert Predicts Serious Inflation in Russia Inevitable.
(Illarionov).]