July 29, 1998
This Date's Issues: 2287  2288

1. Dmitri Gusev: Re Duma and IMF.
2. Mike Snow: 2280-Bennett/Russian Women.
3. The Weekly Standard: David Aikman, The Men who run Russia.
4. Reuters: Russia tightens control on arms exports.
5. Chicago Tribune: Colin McMahon, ONCE-DREADED COSSACKS SEEK A
REBIRTH AS CRIME-BUSTERS.

6. Financial Times (UK): Miners' protest puts pressure on Kremlin.
7. Nezavisimaya Gazeta: DOES RUSSIA HAVE A LARGE ELECTION COALITION?
(Statement on Chechnya of four leaders).

8. Interfax: Foreigners Entering Russia To be Given Tax Advisory.
9. Itar-Tass: Russian Official on State of Defense Enterprises.]