July 26, 1998
This Date's Issues: 2282

1. Michael Taylor: Re:#2280 Size of Russian families.
2. New York Times: Thomas Friedman, Two Sick Nations, One Cure.
3. Moscow Times: Jean MacKenzie, Living With the 'Ultimate Souvenir.'
(Review of Lynn Visson's book "Wedded Strangers: The Challenges of
Russian-American Marriages.")

4. Renfrey Clarke: RUSSIAN RIGHTS ACTIVISTS FIGHT SECURITY POLICE
FRAME-UP. (Grigory Pasko).

5. Interfax: Russia's Nikolayev Comments on 2000 Presidential Election.
6. Komsomolskaya Pravda: Aleksandr Gamov, "Election 2000. Have Yeltsin
and Chernomyrdin Formed Pact? It Seems That First Scene of Great
Political Drama Has Been Played Out Before Us."

7. Financial Times (UK): Chrystia Freeland, Lebed raises spectre of
Russia split into nuclear-armed provinces.

8. Reuters: Yeltsin ditches domestic security boss-Kremlin.
9. Moscow Times: Andrei Piontkovsky, SEASON OF DISCONTENT: Will Burial
Be Only Sign of Repentance?

10. AP: Russian Writer Dudintsev Dies.
11. AP: Russia's Borderlands Face Unrest.
12. USIA: TEXT: GORE-KIRIYENKO JOINT STATEMENT AT WORKING MEETING.
13. Reuters: Greenpeace tried to obtain Russian nuclear bomb.]

********