July 12, 1998
This Date's Issues: 2259  2260

|Johnson's Russia List

1. Rory MacFarquhar: Re: 2258-Williams/Huge Debt.
2. Sunday Times (UK): Mark Franchetti, Intrigue grips Kremlin as
aides write off Yeltsin.

3. Bloomberg: Russia Says IMF Ready to Lend $11 Billion, N.Y. Times
Reports.

4. Bloomberg: Russia Hurries to Conclude Loan Talks With IMF Before
Monday.

5. Washington Post: Fred Hiatt, As Russia Limps Along.
6. Irish Times: Investors at odds over dangers of Russian roulette.
7. Washington Post: Anders Aslund, If the Ruble Goes Under, So Could
the Region.

8. The Independent (UK): Phil Reeves, Joy and regrets of the man who
found the Tsar.

9. Sovetskaya Rossiya: Ilyukhin Remarks on Army Support Movement.]