June 14, 1998
This Date's Issues: 2220  2221

1. Jonas Bernstein: Re Leon Aron's "What Stalled Russian Reform"
(Posted on JRL #2218).

2. Alan Fahnestock: Re Timothy Thompson, 11 June. (Americans
in Russia).

3. Washington Post: Jim Hoagland, An Offer We Can't Refuse.
4. Boston Globe: David Filipov, Thousands flee Russia's brutal
military. Fugitives fear hazing, death in armed forces.

5. New York Post: John Dizard, FOREIGN MARKETS ARE SCARIER THAN
DISASTER FLICKS.

6. Chicago Tribune: Ronald Kotulak and Colin McMahon, PIE IN THE
SKY OR NOT, NEW SPACE OUTPOST IS SHAPING UP.

7. Reuters: U.S. offers Russia help with millennium bug.
8. The Economist: Hidden history. (Re economic statistics).
9. RFE/RL: Robert Lyle, Russia: Bank Official Not Surprised At
Market Turmoil.]