April 1, 1998
This Date's Issues:    2127 •  2128

1. Claire Gordon: Russia's Regions.
2. The Moscow Tribune: John Helmer, MINNOWS AND SHARKS.
3. Peter Budzilovich: Tzar is right.
4. Reuters: Alastair Macdonald, Yeltsin's youthful new PM faces
first Duma test.

5. Moscow Times: David McHugh, Deputies Demand Talks on Premier.
6. Reuters: Daniel Bases, Speculation the rule in Russian markets -
Kolesnikov.

7. Reuters: Gareth Jones, Russia unions to stage protest despite new
cabinet.

8. The Guardian (UK): James Meek, Disenchanted Ukraine lurches to
the left in poll.

9. The Electronic Telegraph: Alan Philps, Convicted criminal is
elected mayor of Russia's third city.

10. New York Times: Michael Gordon, Russia Struggles With Massive
Identity Crisis.

11. Julie Moffett (RFE/RL): Russia: Proposed Legislation Threatens
Free Speech On Internet.

12. AP: US Gen. Optimistic on Russia Treaty.]