March 31, 1998
This Date's Issues:    2125 •  2126

1. Laura Belin: Expert.
2. Jerry Hough: Scenarios.
3. Reuters: Duma to Mull Request to Yeltsin over New PM.
4. Interfax: Nemtsov Predicts Duma Will Adopt Kiriyenko As Russian PM.
5. Segodnya: Nikolai Ivanov, 'THERE'S MORE TO KIRIYENKO THAN MEETS THE EYE.
Insignificant Technocrat May Make a Significant Politician.

6. Nezavisimaya Gazeta: Vladislav Kuzmichev, DUMA SOURCE COMES UP WITH NEW
VERSION OF CHERNOMYRDIN'S RESIGNATION. Duma Does Not Exclude the Possibility
of a Coalition Government.

7. Moscow Times: Jean MacKenzie, CONFESSIONS OF A RUSSOPHILE: Don't Blame
'Dark Masses.'

8. NTV: Zhirinovskiy Courts Gay Voters in St. Petersburg.
9. Reuters: Russia sees U.N. as key player in post-Cold War game.
10. Moskovskiy Komsomolets: Yeltsin Antics Among Summit 'Surprises.'
11. New York Times: Thomas Friedman, Gulf of Tonkin II.
12. Moscow Tribune: Dmitry Polikarpov, Tax-dodging palace builders face
new threat.

13. Vladimir Shlapentokh: Go to Moscow Kenneth Starr! The Russians Need
You.]

********