March 6, 1998
This Date's Issues:    2095  • 2096

1. Michele Berdy: Chernomyrdin.
2. IntellectualCapital.com: Richard Pipes, Yeltsin's Antics.
3. Newsday: Gorbachev's Warning. He sees dangers in a global economy.
4. Radiostantsiya Ekho Moskvy: Russians Not Happy With Government,
Think Highly of Clinton.

5. Interfax: Poll: Most Russians Think US Seeking More Influence in Gulf.
6. Komsomolskaya Pravda: Former Speaker Khasbulatov Interviewed.
7. Moscow News: Irina Kobrinskaya, Ukraine Turns to Russia.
8. Stephanie Baker (RFE/RL): Russia: Budget Spending Cuts Loom.
9. Nezavisimoye Voyennoye Obozreniye: U.S. Said Seeking To Draw
Caspian Into Sphere of Influence.

10. Baltimore Sun: Kathy Lally, Russia has phonics debate, too.
11. VOA: Peter Heinlein, Tsar's Bones.
12. NTV: Lebed Denies Berezovskiy Backing; Does Not Fear Chubays.]