February 13, 1998
This Date's Issues: 2061 2062

1. Adil Baguirov: Gusev/Shevardnadze and Pipes.
2. BBC World Service: Latvia rejects less restrictive citizenship
law.

3. Gary Krueger: Thanks for the help!
4. Eva-Lotta Fasth: Re Iraq Crisis.
5. Reuters: Russian government could modify '98 budget.
6. Tony Wesolowsky (RFE/RL): Russia: The Roots Of Labor Malaise.
7. Journal of Commerce: Richard Lawrence, Ukraine vows to carry out
reforms.

8. Vek: PEOPLE WANT IT, BUT LEADERS CANNOT DELIVER. (Interviews on
Russo-Ukrainian relations with Yevgeny KOZHOKIN, director of the Russian
Institute of Strategic Studies).

9. Moscow Times: Andrei Piontkovsky, SEASON OF DISCONTENT: Police
Mission Very Different From Church's.

10. Moskovskaya Pravda: Oleg Zhirnov, Yeltsin Move Seen Jeopardizing
Political 'Accord.'

11. Moskovskiy Komsomolets: Yeltsin Seen Working Against Chernomyrdin
Presidency.

12. VOA: Paula Wolfson on Central Asia.
13. Jamestown Foundation Monitor: RUSSIA: TAXING PROBLEMS.
14. RFE/RL NEWSLINE: U.S. OFFICIAL DENIES REPORT ON YELTSIN
CAMPAIGN FINANCING, and YELTSIN CUTS KREMLIN STAFF.]

*********