January 8, 1998
This Date's Issues: 2006  2007

1. Jay Ulfelder: Re Bremmer/Khruscheva on flicks.
2. Interfax: Yeltsin To Deliver State Of The Nation Speech In
February.

3. Intellectualcapital.com: Richard Pipes, The State of the
Russian Union.

4. Izvestia: NEW YEAR STARTS WITH CHANGES.
5. Rossiiskiye Vesti: EX-STATE SECRETARY PONDERS PROGRESS
OF REFORMS. (Gennady BURBULIS).

6. RIA Novosti: VICTOR CHERNOMYRDIN ON 1997 RESULTS.
7. VOA: Michele Kelemen, MOSCOW/REAL ESTATE.
8. New York Times: Alessandra Stanley, Jails in Russia: The Crime
of Punishment.

9. Moskovsky Komsomolets: RUSSIA'S HARD PRESSED MEDICAL
ESTABLISHMENT.

10. WP: DW, Russia Falls Short on Promise to Pay Back Wages.
11. RFE/RL NEWSLINE: FORMER SECURITY OFFICER DEFENDS 'KOMPROMAT'...
COMMENTS ON CHUBAIS, BANK WAR, and HARVEST UP IN 1997, BUT PROBLEMS
REMAIN.

12. Interfax: Anpilov on Possible Restoration of Soviet Communist
Party.

13. Los Angeles Times editorial: The Hidden Horror of Lithuania.