October 22, 1997
This Date's Issues: 1302  1303  1304 1305 1306 1307

{Note from David Johnson:
1. Fred Weir in Moscow reports on CIS meeting in Moldova.
2. Moscow Times: Michael McFaul, Skewed NATO Debate.
3. Stanislav Menshikov: No surprise. (Re Yeltsin and Duma).
4. Albert Weeks: The new old Yeltsin.
5. Rob Silva: Re 1299-Weir/Foreign Policy.
6. Renfrey Clarke: RUSSIAN LABOUR'S AUTUMN OF DISCONTENT.
7. WP: Sarah Mendelson, Next Up For Reform: Russia's Military.
8. David Culp: Good news from the Russian Duma. (Re chemical
weapons convention).

9. Jamestown Foundation Monitor: YELTSIN WINS HANDS DOWN.
10. RFE/RL NEWSLINE: EXPERT SAYS RUSSIA HAS 1 MILLION HOMELESS
CHILDREN.

11. RIA Novosti: COMMUNIST PARTY LEADER GENNADY ZYUGANOV CLAIMS
OPPOSITION'S WITHDRAWAL OF NO-CONFIDENCE MOTION WAS "CONSTRUCTIVE
STEP."

12. RIA Novosti: KPRF FACTION'S WITHDRAWAL OF NO-CONFIDENCE VOTE
IN GOVERNMENT SIGNIFIES "GOVERNMENT MADE COMMON CAUSE WITH LEFT
OPPOSITION", FEELS GRIGORY YAVLINSKY.

13. RIA Novosti: ILYUKHIN: MANY MEMBERS OF COMMUNIST FACTION
DISSATISFIED WITH THE WAY THE ISSUE ON NO-CONFIDENCE WAS SOLVED.

14. Interfax: Russian Duma Initiates New No-Confidence Motion.
(Baburin).]