October 13, 1997
This Date's Issues: 1280 1281

1. G.F. Bain: Association of Former Intelligence Officers
conference.

2. St. Petersburg Times: Leonid Bershidsky, Media Watch.
Attack on Parliament Fades From Memories.

3. AP: Russian Arms Exports Gain Strength.
4. AP: Facts About Russian Arms Sales.
5. Los Angeles Times: Vanora Bennett, From Russia--With a
Bit Too Much Love. Although Soviet inhibitions are absent,
the nation's first televised chat show about sex manages to
mainly arouse embarrassment.

6. Reuter: "Indiana Jones" collector saved Soviet art.
(Norton Dodge).

7. St. Petersburg Times: Martina Vandenberg, 'Invisible'
Women Shown In Russia's Demographics.

8. Kyodo: Russia offers China real-time spy satellite info.
9. Newsday: Susan Sachs, Russian Church's New Power.
Retaking Soviet-seized land, over current tenants' protest.

10. Chicago Tribune: IN RUSSIA, SEWERS REFUSE COFFINS.
11. Reuter: Russia says no date fixed to join landmines ban.
12. Delovoy Mir: Russia Seen as Winner, U.S. as Loser in Iran
Gas 'Duel.'

13. Itar-Tass: NATO Conducts Surveillance Operations Against
Nuclear Ship.]