July 25, 1997

This Date's Issues:   1082  1083  1084  1085

djohnson@cdi.org

[Note from David Johnson:
1. Gordon Hahn (Hoover Institution): Full Letter to New York
Times Responding to McFaul.

2. Jerry Hough (Duke/Brookings): Where Russia is now.
3. Elizabeth Pond: feedback.
4. Reuter: Russian economy at turning point, says Premier.
5. Argumenty i Fakty: Zyuganov Tops Poll for Russia's President
in Year 2000.

6. Journal of Commerce editorial: Russia's new attitude.
7. UPI: Communication glitch at NATO exercise.
8. The Electronic Telegraph (UK): Alan Philps, Oil boom slips
from Russia's grip.

9. New York Times: Sarah Koenig, True Crime, All Too True, on
Moscow Television.

10. Reuter: Russian state handouts to farms to fall sharply.
11. Reuter: Russia applauds progress on CFE but still cautious.]

********